cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the touch Screen

hefepreacher
Apprentice

I watch videos on how to use the Canon 5D Mark iv, and they show how the focus points are displayed on the touchscreen. Mine doesn't do that. Is there a way to turn the touch screen on and off? I want to see the options for focal points on the screen instead of looking through the viewfinder.

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In manual mode, if you press the 'INFO.' button to cycle amongst the rear screen's displays: blank, custom settings information, electronic level, quick settings menu, and custom settings menu.  For the last menu (custom settings), I saw the on-screen focus points.  Pressing the focus-select button then gives you a larger interface on the screen to view your selection.

It's been a while since I set this camera up.  I believe you can configure what to display different things on the custom menu and quick settings screens.

I also didn't try the above in any other mode (e.g. P, Av) but suspect that should work.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you! That helped!! I didn't know I could access it multiple info pages. But, I still thought that you could activate the screen by just touching it. That does not work on mine. Thank you

@hefepreacher wrote:

Thank you! That helped!! I didn't know I could access it multiple info pages. But, I still thought that you could activate the screen by just touching it. That does not work on mine. Thank you

Doesn't turn on when touched is by design.  This is to avoid unintentional changes when shooting.  Once activated, you are free to tap and make the desired changes.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... the Canon 5D Mark iv,..."

It is a very complex and capable camera for sure. I encourage you to read all you can about how it operates.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements