cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6i -- Video Transfer Errors Now, Worked Before -- Something Has Broken

elestud
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I have an EOS Rebel T6i.  Previously both video and photo transfer worked flawlessly to my (Windows 10 Pro) PC via USB.  I haven't attempted to transfer anything in a few months, and now (possibly after Windows updates?) the pictures transfer with no issue..  But afttempting to copy a video of any size to my computer HD gives the following error:

"Error: A devcice attached to the system is not functioning"

The device apparently is functioning, because I can still copy pictures with no problem, even post-error.  This wasn't an issue last year, but now I'm unable to transfer any videos at all (which means that I have to resort to using my other computer's SD card reader as a workaround for the time being).

Any ideas?  Windows Device Manager says that the driver is up to date.  Presumably it's using standard camera/scanner connectivity, so I'm not sure what could have become incompatible.

Perhaps it's related to this issue?

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-Rebel/Camera-connect-to-download-videos/m-p/206945 

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

elestud
Apprentice

Any ideas, anyone? Smiley Very Happy This is a major inconvenince, and I'd greatly appreciate anyone who might have a suggestion for how to correct the issue!

Hi, elestud!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm not necessarily in a rush -- but I did notice that this was the only thread with no replies!  So I figured I'd inquire.  But again, I'm grateful for any help, in any fashion.

@elestud wrote:

I'm not necessarily in a rush -- but I did notice that this was the only thread with no replies!  So I figured I'd inquire.  But again, I'm grateful for any help, in any fashion.

A Forum Moderator replied.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements