cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 LED Screen not working- Repair Options?

jp_711
Apprentice

My Rebel T6 LED screen is not responding after the power is on. Everything else responds such as the flash when it is in intellectual mode but there is no screen. Also it doesn't complete a picture when holding down the trigger which I assume is due to the LED screen not on. 

Is this something that can be repaired by Canon? 

If I was to go on with the repair service process, would I get my money back if Canon isn't able to fix anything? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jp_711. Canon can service your EOS Rebel T6. A few questions for you. Can you view anything on the LCD screen, like the Menu or pictures that you have previously taken? You may want to try resetting the camera to default settings before sending it in. Set the camera to P mode, hit Menu, and scroll to the Wrench tab #3. You will see Clear settings. It also sounds like maybe an autofocus issue as well, if it doesn't "click" when you press the shutter button down all the way. Try cleaning the contacts on the lens and the camera or try another lens. If you do need to send the camera in, I have attached a repair form to this post. The repair form has two addresses listed. You would just use the one that closest to you. If Canon is not able to repair your camera after you have paid for it, then you would be refunded your money.

Hi John,

I probably should've been more descriptive. The screen is completely off. I can turn on the camera with a fully charged battery but the screen doesn't light up. I can tell the camera sees that it's on because the right corner of the camera (on the body) lights up red in the first two seconds. Also, I just troubleshooted again and the camera doesn't power on anymore. It would take a fully charged battery to get it somewhat responding again but still not having the screen work. 

Will the camera power up with the lens and SD card removed.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Wow! It works now! I took out the SD card and the screen pulls up. Battery isn't fully charged though. Let me get that fully charged and will update soon. Thanks Deebatman316

Are you using full sized SD cards or a micro SD card in an adapter. Only use full sized SD cards. Weird things happen with micro SD cards in an adapter with Canon cameras. They will work for awhile then cause problems.

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

This one has a Full size SD card. I too had problems before with mini SD cards in an adapter. 

I would try a new high quality class 10 SD Card. From a reliable reputable store such as B&H Photo or Adorama. Also a known name brand such as Lexar or SanDisk. 

-Demetrius

-Demetrius

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hi jp_711 is the battery fully charged. The camera cannot take a picture if the battery is weak. Are any 3rd party items being used ie batteries, lenses or an external flash. If so try again without the 3rd party item(s). Will the camera work with both the lens and SD card removed.

-Demetrius

-Demetrius

Announcements