cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T1i Time Lapse?

Madeleine
Apprentice

Hi there! I'm wondering how to shoot a time lapse with my Canon Rebel T1i. Do I need to buy an intervalometer? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1174F627-6B40-4CDD-82BF-9A26BA5C010C.jpegYou want an intervalometer like this. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

According to the manual - which you should have - there is no mention of time-lapse photography.  There are two ways in which to proceed:

Get an intervalometer and use that - I've never tried one with this body so it's your risk

Install Magic Lantern software that enhances the firmware of the camera and gives it extra features.  Apparently, it has an intervalometer built-in.  You should note that this is in no way supported by Canon, but since you camera is almost 13 years old anyway...  I have never installed this software but some people swear by it.  As I understand it,  you can uninstall it if you don't like it.  Still, I would research that option carefully.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you so much for this informative response!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

You're welcome. 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1174F627-6B40-4CDD-82BF-9A26BA5C010C.jpegYou want an intervalometer like this. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you so much!

Announcements