cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 Reverse Rear Control Dial

resination
Apprentice

Hello,

I've remapped the rear control dial to ISO instead of Av, but it's direction is the opposite of what feels intuitive for me. I want to swipe my thumb up (counter clockwise) to raise ISO, and down (clockwise) to lower. I've hoped to just get used to it, but ISO is my most changed setting, and after a couple weeks it's still a constant annoyance.

There is an Orange Menu option to reverse both dial directions, but it only works on the rear dial when it's set to Av. It has no effect when the rear dial is set to ISO. (the front dial, still assigned to shutter speed, does reverse)

Is there a setting I've missed? Is it possible to reverse the direction of the rear dial after it's been remapped?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That feature is not available in the 1D Mark III, so I am guessing it is a standard Canon convention..

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

That's too bad.

It's probably only an issue on the R7 because the rear dial is at the top above the display.  The thumb naturally goes to the right side of the dial using an up/down motion.  On other bodies where the rear dial is lower and to the right of the display, the thumb would go to the top of the dial and use a right/left motion.  In my mind, these different locations call for opposition directions.  up/increase/counter-clockwise vs. right/increase/clockwise.

Seems like it would be an easy fix in firmware, but I suppose I'll just have to either get used to it.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements