cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mk2 Stopped Writing to Cards

photopro
Contributor

Shot a wedding a few hours ago and reviewed photos after every couple shots, plus i reviewed some later after dinner and before shooting again. Over half of the reception is not on either card I reviewed images on the screen shortly after i shot. There were at least 300 images NOT THERE! the last file is timed around 830pm, i shot long after that. Its not the cards as i shot a few with the same cards after i got home and the images are there and visible in the camera and the computer. Also why didn't it record to the 2nd card? There's plenty of free space on both cards. I can see one card failing but not two and the failure is not repeatable, at least for the few shots after i got home to test them.   There is no gap in the file numbers.   Both cards are fairly new Sandisk 128gb. No fast shooting, single shots the whole evening which is normal for shooting weddings.  Since i was able to review them after shooting and not formatting or any camera settings were changed where are the files?  I record JPEG to one card and RAW to another and have never in 20 years of weddings have i come across this.    I will run a recovery app but i am not confident.   THIS ONE IS ON CANON! I will be calling them tomorrow, inexcusable.... i will keep everyone updated.  

The camera 

PS NO the option for shooting without a card is OFF. If that is turned on you couldn't review images as there would be none. R6 Mk2 doesn't have an Erase All option.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hello!

I'm so sorry you had difficulty with your EOS 6D Mark II. This situation is very unfortunate; however, neither Canon U.S.A nor Canon Canada shall be liable for loss of revenues or profits, inconvenience, expense for substitute equipment or service, storage charges, loss or corruption of data, or any other special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the use or misuse of, or inability to use, the EOS digital camera.

Please see the warranty document for complete terms: https://canon.us/eoswarranty 

Announcements