cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mark ii Webcam Utility

ehattey
Contributor

Hi all, 

Just upgraded from an m50 to the R6 mii - Still learning all the new features, but I am struggling to get the camera to talk to my 2020 MacBook Pro in both WebCam Utility Pro, as well as the EOS Utility app. I am not seeing this camera listed for drivers, so will the R6 mi drivers work with it? 

Can't fathom that a $2500 camera was released without supporting the core apps people use the camera with.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

The R6 mkII was added to everything.  What version of the EOS Utility are you using?  I'm running Ventura.  It requires permissions / approval for each new USB device on first connection.  

shadowsports_0-1671728814391.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yup. Youre right about EOS utility, that was my mistake - but I’m still unable to get it communicating with Webcam Utility Pro. Using a 2020 MBP running macOS 13

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Actually it was my mistake.  You wrote WebCam, not EOS Utility.  My apologies.  Please ensure the EOS Utility is not running when you are using the WebCam Utility.  Does the Mac acknowledge the camera when connected?  Does it mount, and can you use the Image Capture App to download images?  If not, the camera will not be selectable as an imaging device. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements