cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 won't wirelessly connect to EOS Utility

Gutierrez
Apprentice

Our new R5 has had varying success connecting to EOS Utility wirelessly. We are running windows 11 on our Razor Blade 17 RZ09, and Surface Studio 2. Wired it connects right away to both computers, however we have had constant issues with it connecting wirelessly. We have tried using the network that the camera creates as well as using an already established WIFI network. We were able to connect to the Surface only by using an already established network but cannot connect the Razor, and cannot connect to either computer using the network that the camera creates. Everything works perfectly until we open EOS Utility and click "Pairing over WIFI/LAN" and our camera model never appears. I will also note that we are connecting to the 2.4GH network, not the 5GH. 

We used to use a Canon 5d M IV and had no issues with it connecting wirelessly to any computer. Since the R5 will connect to our Surface using an established WIFI network, but not the Razor, we are thinking it may be a computer setting issue. Anybody else experiencing this/know what may be going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the EOS Webcam Utility installed on your computer? Some have issues trying to use the EOS Utility with the webcam utility also installed. 

If that is not the case, try deleting the Wi-Fi setup in your camera and start again with the Wi-Fi setup.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Bob,

Excellent.  Waddizzle and I hit on this last week.  Where both of us basically indicated the WebCam Utility might be the source of the wireless connectivity issues.

The utility allows wireless connections if you subscribe, but its services (if running) can interfere with wireless connectivity without a subscription.  It appears unfortunately, even if the software is not in use.    

In the other user's situation, he disabled the running services in (services.msc) and was able to successfully connect without uninstalling the WebCam software.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rick. I saw that and thought that it might apply here.

sslukovenkov
Contributor

I have similar issue with new R5. I had my frist R5 camera couple years ago and it worked with EOS Utility like a charm.

I think it is new firmware somehow affecting wireless features.

For example - I can connect R5 to my home wifi network. While connected R5 will not transfer images to my Mac, nor to my iPhone, nor to Image.Canon

Canon support was unhelpful offering the same steps I have done so many times, at the end they blamed my router, which I used for previous R5 wihout any issues. I love the camera specs for images and video, features wise, specially Wifi connectivity is really buggy. 

SSL
click here to view the gallery
Announcements