cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 error 70

spirits
Apprentice

Hi all-

20+ years Canon user, my EOS 5D never failed. Recently chose to sell my system to switch to mirrorless with R5 & RF. So so disappointed. Brand new out of the box, two first shooting sessions .... multiple occurence of error 70.

Returned to my dealer 10 days after I bought it. They were able to replicate the failure and still it has to be sent to Canon. I fear I will regret that I let go of my workhorse 😞

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'll ask these questions first.

Did this happen with new RF lenses or were you adapting old glass?  Either third party or with a third party adapter? 

If I had those issues with a brand new device that was 10 days old, I would have returned or exchanged it, not let the retailer railroad me into some type of warranty repair. I think that could be the source of your regret.  However, we don't have all facts.  If it were me, I might lean on the retailer a little harder.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick

Thanks for your reply ... unfortunately using also brand new RF 24-105 f/4 L IS USM

Did try with the retailer but not willing to step our of their usual procedure 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If a retailer has a less than 10 day return policy, I'd shop elsewhere. Its unfortunate you are being made responsible for this burden.  I've read this issue is often resolved with a mainboard replacement.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

agree ... yet I have not mentioned, this is in Paris - France so not actually same customer service standards as the bay area 😉

Announcements