cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Issue - Photos Have an Amber Color

Tweeker
Apprentice

Hi All,

Been having an issue with my R6 where photos I take will appear with an amber color in the viewscreen and when I download them to my laptop. I didn't touch any of the lighting settings on my camera. It used to be on/off as to when it would happen, like right in the middle of whatever I was shooting, now it's consistent with the amber color.

That being said, the amber color issue would be fixed when I applied a preset in DxO and the photo appears exactly like if it was shot normally.

Two things: 1. I took some test shots tonight and suddenly the DxO preset doesn't seem to fix the photo. Like in - 6 shots into the folder, it went from looking normal to applying lighting/lens changes within the preset but the photo still looks amber.
2. I downloaded the newest firmware tonight and it seems to have fixed the problem. BUT like I said, the shots have been normal before then suddenly switch to an amber color.

Has anyone else had this issue with an amber color overlay in their photos? If so, how did you fix it aside from a firmware upgrade and did the issue ever return?

Go figure, I'm shooting an event tomorrow and really don't want this issue to pop up again. I've got a 6D Mark II for a backup but prefer to use the R6.

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What white balance settings do you have set?  AWB (Auto-White-Balance)? Or one of the presets such as Tungsten, Sun, Cloudy, etc?  I suspect you have things set to daylight white balance (approximately 5000º K) and then taking photos illuminated by warm lighting (e.g. Tungsten which is approximately 3200º K).  This will force the camera to attempt to neutralize things and would end up adding much more orange (warmer tone).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I checked after the update and it had the Cloudy preset selected. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow and see how it goes.

But like I said before, there's times it'd suddenly switch from one to the other without any adjustment under the same lighting. Any idea on that?

Are you switching between stills and video?  That's a possible cause.

Most of my work is stills but I did switch over to get a few brief vids. I'll have to keep an eye on that, thanks.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements