R5 back button focus

dwerner
Contributor

I thought I did everything to Set my R5 to back button focusing but now without touching any button, my camera focuses on it's own......continuously. In the custom buttons I have the shutter button control set to metering start and the AF/On control is set at metering and AF start. I must have something set wrong!!

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you look in the Pink section of the menu system, Page 1, and you have continuous autofocus set to ON, turn it OFF.
If you have BBF set, also remember to set the AF Operation to SERVO if you are wanting to track moving subjects.  With that setting, for static subjects, you would TAP the AF-On button; for moving ones, HOLD the AF-ON button.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you!!!!!  That worked!!

Glad to help.  Please mark my post as a solution so others can find the answer and not ask the same question again!
Thank you!

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements