cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Transfer Issue

aKa_PapaBear
Apprentice

Well...I can't say I have ever had anything like this happen before.  I was on a commercial shoot filming with the R5.  At the end of the day we successfully transferred all files from the camera to a backup hard drive.  Once we returned to the office, we were dumping footage to lay into a timeline for editing.  All the files transferred from the external hard drive to the server except 6 files.  These files play fine from the hard drive, but when I try to transfer them, they freeze and give me this error....

"the finder can't complete the operation because some data in "File Name" can't be read or written (error code -36)"

solutions we have tried...

1. transferring to multiple computers
  2. importing files directly from the external hard drive to adobe premiere pro for editing
  3. Render files and reimporting using (adobe media encoder, wondershare, VLC, and handbreak)

anyone ever have anything like this happen or have possible solutions to get these files imported?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It may be due to the .DS_Store files (which store metadata).  Did you fully format your cards in the camera before the shoot?  Were a mixture of Macs and PCs used to manage the files?   Anyhow, here's an SLR Lounge article the may help. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes...cards were fully formatted.  We originally dumped footage to external hard drive.  We did try dumping footage to both Mac and PC.  I will check out the link.  Thank you.

Lavada
Apprentice

@aKa_PapaBear wrote:

Well...I can't say I have ever had anything like this happen before.  I was on a commercial shoot filming with the R5.  At the end of the day we successfully transferred all files from the camera to a backup hard drive.  Once we returned to the office, we were dumping footage to lay into a timeline for editing.  All the files transferred from the external hard drive to the server except 6 files.  These files play fine from the hard drive, but when I try to transfer them, they freeze and give me this error....prepaidcardstatus

"the finder can't complete the operation because some data in "File Name" can't be read or written (error code -36)"

solutions we have tried...

1. transferring to multiple computers
  2. importing files directly from the external hard drive to adobe premiere pro for editing
  3. Render files and reimporting using (adobe media encoder, wondershare, VLC, and handbreak)

anyone ever have anything like this happen or have possible solutions to get these files imported?

Did you fully format your cards in the camera before the shoot?  Were a mixture of Macs and PCs used to manage the files?

Announcements