cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 vs R5 Mark ll

An6dh
Contributor

Which of these camera is better to upgrade from r6 mark ll , can anyone explain the difference between these tow cameras!

2 REPLIES 2

ctitanic
Rising Star

You can find a good comparison here:

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-R5-Mark-II-vs-Canon-EOS-R3

The decision of which to pick depending on how you are going to be using the camera. I do not see a good reason why to upgrade from the R6 Mark II which is a good camera other than looking for more resolution to crop but if you just want to upgrade, the R3 is a superior camera in many senses. The R5 will give you a bigger resolution with enough run to crop and 8k Video if you are into video.

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

March411
Rising Star

I've been on the fence looking at both myself and you really couldn't go wrong with either body. The R5 II has a ton more focus points but the R3 will perform better in low light. The R3 is heavier but the not as wide or thick as the R5. The R3 body has a vertical and horizontal grip and with the R5 you'll need to buy the grip. Both require a different type of battery then the R6 and the R3 will offer the most shots per battery over the R5 II. If you want to be able to crop deep then the R5 II @ 45MP is probably the way to go but either can give you nice printed enlargements.

Tough decision, right now I am leaning towards the R3 but almost pulled the trigger on the R5 II when I was in a shop that had one in stock..... they were wrong, it was MIA.

R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards
Announcements