cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple hue

Ambataineh
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I was looking at some pictures I took a few days ago on my computer, and some of them had purple hue.

I can't seem to find anything in common in the purple pictures only. all pictures were taken with EOS Rebel SL2, It's a new camera that is well taken care of. I am a beginner, so trouble shooting is not something I can do just yet.

PS: when I view the pictures on the camera's screen they look fine, but when I opened them on the computer they had this purple hue. not all the pictures turn purple, only some. all pictures were taken RAW.

Thank you for your helpIMG_1156.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

Peter
Authority
Authority
Could you please upload the raw files? Google drive or dropbox for example.
A new camera and pictures on the camera display look good may be the raw converter that is not updated.

If you use Photos 3.0, it supports 100D but not 200D.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I was looking at some pictures I took a few days ago on my computer, and some of them had purple hue"

There are three tings to try.  What editing software are you using?  You need to be using the free Canon DPP4.  If you don't have it, you can d/l it from the Canon web site.  Secondly, you need to get a new high quality SD card.  Don't buy cheap off brand SD cards. Lexar, Snadisk, Transend, etc are best choices.

Lastly, and worse case it a failing sensor in the camera.

Very first thing is to try DPP4 for your Raw conversion.  Do this today!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

IRONcast
Contributor

At some point you probably checked out 'Custom White Balance' and shot against something that was picked up.  The camera has corrected the white balance for whatever you pointed at. Reset custom settings or something 😉

I could either be spot on or horribly off.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What shooting mode are you using on the mode dial?  What is your white balance setting?

If you get the same result when you shoot in full auto, Green [A] mode, then your image sensor is shot.  If not, then you White Balance is probably set to Flash.  Change it to Auto.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzlewrote:

What shooting mode are you using on the mode dial?  What is your white balance setting?

If you get the same result when you shoot in full auto, Green [A] mode, then your image sensor is shot.  If not, then you White Balance is probably set to Flash.  Change it to Auto.

I don't believe the example submitted by the OP can possibly be explained by an erroneous or suboptimal white balance setting.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"I don't believe the example ... (is caused by)...  white balance setting."

Neither do I, for one thing he said, "... all pictures were taken RAW."  There is not WB when shooting Raw.

EB

@ebiggs1wrote:

"I don't believe the example ... (is caused by)...  white balance setting."

Neither do I, for one thing he said, "... all pictures were taken RAW."  There is not WB when shooting Raw.

If the EXIF associated with the image says flash, guess what happens?  The image gets processed with flash WB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"... guess what happens?"

Too bad ignoring someone doesn't hide your posts copied and included in others folks replies. But, personal ignoring works pretty good.  Smiley Wink

EB
Announcements