cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professionals want the 7D MArk II NOW! Stagnation means decline.

Hennie
Apprentice

Canon takes too long to upgrade their models.

We can't take Canon serious as a professional brand when they sit like gooses.

Are they afraid for competition?

Once were trend setters, now competition is closing in.

I need to replace my 5D Mark II. I own 5 professional Canon camera's and a wide pro lens assortment. But I'm getting bored with the slow upgrades. The pricy repairs. Thinking of swapping to another brand if Canon doesn't take business serious anymore.

Canon please upgrade faster, be ahead of the competition by performing & developping way better.

Sharpen the prices. Try to be number one. Stagnation means decline.

I need a 7D Mark II asap as a back-up camera before the end of this year as I want to invest in my business before closing year.

Come on guys!

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Thinking of swapping to another brand ..."

Sounds like a good idea. But don't be too surprised with the "progress" of the other brands. They just may not be any faster.Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ironically, yesterday I complained with my wife DSLR upgrading cycle is too short.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Skirball
Authority

@Hennie wrote:

I need a 7D Mark II asap as a back-up camera before the end of this year as I want to invest in my business before closing year.

I suppose it could happen.  It seems a little unlikely considering that the 70D isn't due till Sept., but I would be surprised if Canon didn't try to get something out before the holiday season.

Canon has been recycling their old sensors for awhile now but it looks like they’re finally ready to launch the next gen.  Hopefully it’s everything it’s cracked up to be and Canon will be back on top of the sensor game for a couple years.  Can’t wait to see the new tech in the full frame department. 

All that said…  it’s just a sensor, it’s (camera) just a tool.  I find it’s more often my creativity or skill that is lacking, not the technology in my hands.

ScottyP
Authority
Agreed, sort of, with the caveat that if they don't have a truly better sensor ready, I would rather they waited until they do. I'd hate to see 7d2 be another Insignificant upgrade likeT2i to T3i to T4i to T5i. Same, or effectively the same sensor.

I want to see better high ISO image quality ( a full stop improvement at very least, if not more). Improved AF would also be significant. I don't care much about an extra 1 or 2 fps. I don't care about better video. For me a GPS or WIFI is not important.

How about a built-in radio trigger for flash?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements