cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with T2i viewfinder icons all lit and unreadable

Eventdigerati
Apprentice
The icons on my Canon T2i viewfinder suddenly just all lit up, and I can no longer read the aperture, ISO, shutter info, etc. (Actual photos taken look fine and aren't affected.) How to fix this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not one of those in the group who reflexively answer, "Reset to factory settings." But I do think it would be a good idea in this case. In the absence of any causative incident, this almost sounds like a bug or race condition in the firmware. So you should also make sure you have the latest version of the firmware. (Which, BTW, may not be easy to find on the Canon site, but it should be there if you look hard enough. I don't think they ever throw such things away.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Mykolas
Authority

Eventdigerati,

There is not a setting in the camera that would cause this.  However, I recommend that you remove the battery from the camera for a few minutes before putting it back in and powering it on again.  If all of the parts of the viewfinder are still lit up at the same time and they are unreadable, the camera will need to be repaired.

To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements