cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview On Camera VS Post Upload Image Differs

EmeraldGuyy
Apprentice

I have searched around and cannot find anything that supports or answers my issue. Hope someone here can help me out! I am a Canon R6 M2 user. Just did a product shoot for a friend and when I look at the images from the cameras preview screen, they are perfect! Now, once I upload them to my computer for editing, they look totally warm. Any ideas why this is happening? I have never had this happen before.Canon PreviewCanon PreviewAfter computer uploadAfter computer upload

4 REPLIES 4

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

I'll get the ball rolling with a few questions: Are you shooting Raw? What program are you using for post? What picture style are you using? And are you using a custom white balance?

Keep in mind that the image displayed during playback, on the rear LCD, has been processed in camera and will match camera settings. So, the Raw file may look different depending on what you are using to edit during post processing unless you match your camera settings.

I'll leave it at that until you answer my initial questions 🙂

Newton

Hey there!
Thank you for the follow up! 

-I am shooting RAW.
-The software where I am seeing the initial warmer picture is in EOS Utility 
-Picture Style is set to Auto
-I am using Auto - White Priority

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

It appears to me that the white balance is not the same between the two images. You did not say what software you are using on the computer, or whether the display on the computer might be set to provide warmer colors.

Saving a raw or craw CR3 file on the camera and opening it in the free to download DPP software should get you the same colors on computer as on camera unless your computer screen is set to display colors differently.

Canon DPP software will apply the same white balance as the camera did by default. Some other software will change the white balance. It is usually possible to set the white balance in other software.

Thanks for your reply!

Correct, the white balance between the two is off. In my camera preview, it looks more true to how the image was captured. When I open the photo up in my EOS Utility, its warm as ever. 

Announcements