cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload pics to your Mac? Found a a workaround Using Canon IHub and Connect to Google Photos

BergensMom
Contributor

I am posting this because I just had a heck of a time figuring out how I was going to get my pics off my Canon Powershot ELPH 360, but I FINALLY figured it out.  

Here is my journey: 
1.  Went to Canon to download the software for my laptop (I have a Macbook Air), but the website says there is no software for Catalina.  
2.  Tried to download the software for Mojave figuring it was close enough.  It wasn't and wouldn't even open. (Pretty sure this is software is for the OLD CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Online Photo Album which was discontinued in March 2020.)
3.  Tried connecting my camera wirelessly to my laptop hoping it would just work.  It didn't. 
4.  Tried attaching my camera to my laptop with a USB-B cord, using an USB-A to USB-C adapter to connect the cord to my laptop.  Didn't work.  Computer didn't read the camera it all. 

Solution: 
1.  Finally figured out that I should go to https://image.canon/st/en/index.html 
2.  Walked through the steps to connect my camera (simple enough - put your camera on wifi, put in your email to verify your account, etc.) 
3.  Selected the little Cloud with a Camera icon on my camera.  
4.  Selected on my laptop that I wanted to also upload to Google Photos.
5.  Little green light on camera started flickering and the pics started rolling in to the ihub.image.canon website as well as my Google Photos. (Pics are only on ihub for 30 days, is says)
6.  Downloaded ALL pics from ihub to my laptop.  They arrived in two zip drives and open in Preview.  

So, now my pics are safe and sound in Google Photos AND my laptop.  

Took me TWO DAYS to figure this out, so I hope this helps someone else!  Before I would just hook up a cord and viola! the pics would download. For some reason, I couldn't get it to work this time.  Good luck! 

1 REPLY 1

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I am pretty sure that plugging your computer in with the adapter and a real usb-cord and running image capture would solve your problem. My camera works just fine with Apple Software and my dock. One thing is that if you use the USB, you have to turn off wifi.

Announcements