Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up flash canon 80d not working correctly

denhans
Contributor

Hy,

Im having trouble with my pop up flash.

When I want to take a picture in a darker room, the flash does pop up, and when I focus it strobes a bit. But when I take the Photo, it doesn't work, resulting in a dark photo.

I tryed dissassembling the shoe and made sure the little pop up button (wich detects external flash) is working properly.

In My oppinion it does, as it also pulls up the internal flash...

What could be causing this?

camera is around 8 years old, so no warranty, and before sending it to repair I want to try myself, Im a handy guy so...Just need to know where to start 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Demetruis has done all the leg work here and assisted you diagnosing the issue.

Alan's point is a good one, but you want the convenience of the onboard flash understandably. 

I'd perform one last test, reset the camera to default settings and retest.  I don't think it will change things, but its the last step before service.  Repair wise, there are 2 good options.

Canon or midwestcamera dot com     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

yeah, did the reset already...

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the red Flash Control menu on the camera, is flash firing enabled? It should be if you want to have the flash fire when taking a picture. Also in the "Built-in flash settings" menu, set the Wireless func. to disable.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements