Did you mean: 

Please help.

Chop78
Contributor

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Disconnect any lens that you may have mounted.  Reformat the card in the camera. 

Try resetting the camera, too.  Check the manual, because this must be done in at least two places in the menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you. I did reset all camera setting and custom functions, also format the card that camera works with. Camera did not recognize other cards so i couldn't  format them by camera. I checkec the card slot and everything looked exactly like the other t3i I got. I wonder if card reader is broken, but I have no idea about the sensor cleaning issue.

@Chop78 wrote:

Thank you. I did reset all camera setting and custom functions, also format the card that camera works with. Camera did not recognize other cards so i couldn't  format them by camera. I checkec the card slot and everything looked exactly like the other t3i I got. I wonder if card reader is broken, but I have no idea about the sensor cleaning issue.

Are you saying that you have two T3i's? If so, try formatting a card on the "good" camera and see if the "bad" camera can read it.

However, it does appear at first glance that the camera's problems go deeper than a bad card. If that's the case, it may need service. And then you have to determine whether it's really worth saving.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob. I followed your advice and still have problem. 

I do not think of sending it in for service, the cost possibly exceeds the value of an used T3i.

You need to call Canon support to set up a service.  Your camera is faulty and needs repair.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Chop78 wrote:

It doesn't sound good.  But, I have questions about the card(s).  What memory size is the card that works?  The card(s) that don't work? 

Are you using full size cards, or micro-SD cards with adapters?  Adapters tend to fail quite easily, probably because they warm up and the plastic cases expand, and then contract when cooling.  Over time the connections with the camera will be compromised..  Only use micro-SD cards in devices that use them directly.

Hi Waddizzle. The card that works is 16gb sandisk extreme pro. Others that do not work are also 16 gb, 32gb, sandisk ultra and 64gb lexas professional. Do you think I should try to replace the card reader first to see if problem go away? Or should i just sell it for part? im ok with disassembly

@Chop78 wrote:

Hi Waddizzle. The card that works is 16gb sandisk extreme pro. Others that do not work are also 16 gb, 32gb, sandisk ultra and 64gb lexas professional. Do you think I should try to replace the card reader first to see if problem go away? Or should i just sell it for part? im ok with disassembly

You've lost me.  Are you using a separate card reader?  Should you "sell it", meaning the malfunctioning camera?  I might keep the camera around for spare parts, especially if I had another functioning camera just like it.  I do not recommend to anyone to attempt repairs themselves, though. 

The 16GB and 32GB cards are the right type for your camera.   The 64GB card is supposed to be compatible, too.  You have made no mention of getting card error messages in the viewfinder, I have noticed.  It sounds like your camera has experienced a hardware failure.

Sorry for confusion. English is my second language. I meant to ask if replacing the card part inside malfunctioned camera would get rid of the problem or not. I have opened camera before so I can get the job done by myself. I just do not know if iit's worth a try or if the card part is really malfunction or something else is.
Announcements