cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pistol Grip for 60D

cstrah
Apprentice

Trying to use a pistol grip on my 60D, when I attach the remote cord the camera starts making a noise like it is trying to focus but can't and when I try to shoot from the pistol grip I get nothing.  Anyone ever used the pistol grip?

8 REPLIES 8

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

It sounds like your pistol grip is broken or not connected properly. 

Is is it new? Have you used it successfully before?

Does it have the proper E3 connection?

AACC1D17-98DC-4FC3-9550-2A70603469CF.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

It is new, I believe I have the proper cord and I have never used it yet.  Once attached the only thing that happens is camera makes the noise like it is trying to focus constant clikcing noise and no power at the trigger.  Of course there were no directions either and I have googled and found very limited information.    Is there a particular setting I have to be on to use the pistol grip?

There is no setting for wired remote control. The pistol grip is just another type of remote control shutter switch. It seems like your pistol grip has an electrical short or jammed switch. 

Plugging in the remote cable should do nothing as long as it is plugged into the correct remote shutter terminal. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Mike Sowsun

@MikeSowsun wrote:

There is no setting for wired remote control. The pistol grip is just another type of remote control shutter switch. It seems like your pistol grip has an electrical short or jammed switch. 

Plugging in the remote cable should do nothing as long as it is plugged into the correct remote shutter terminal. 

Clipboard01.jpg

The remote trigger doesn't begin to fit my definition of a pistol grip. Is everybody talking about the same thing here? Is this "pistol grip" a Canon product or Brand X?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

This is what I assumed the original poster was talking about.

5A42614D-90A5-43EE-9E65-A68CF33717EE.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

You are correct this is exactly what I am tryig to figure out how to use.  My daughter plays softball and having the handle with a trigger release would make it so much better for my wrists!  I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am not ready to give up yet.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Don’t you need to the shutter drive mode into shutter delay to use a wired remote release?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No,  as soon as you plug in a wired remote, it will shoot no matter what drive mode is set. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements