cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos Will Not Import from EOS 80D

crturney
Apprentice

I have an 80D canon camera that hasn't had any issues importing photos to my laptop until last week.  I put the SD card in my laptop and it would come up searching for photos but never would find them.  I also tried my USB cable and I received the same message " Searching for photos " but just kept spinning.  

I also have a 70D camera that has no problems importing.  Is there something locked on my 80D camera?  What could be causing this?  The first time I thought it may just be a bad SD card so I tried a new one and it is the very same results.  

Any suggestions?  I cleared all my settings on my camera and restarted but it is still not working. 

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

First of all, do you see the photos reviewing on the camera?

How are you trying to import them? What is it on the computer that is searching for them?

Understand, please, that you do not need any software to import, either from the camera via USB or from the SD card inserted in the computer. From the computer, open the "drive" representing the camera, on your desktop or in Windows' File manager, look in the DCIM folder. Anything there?  Card in computer, open it and look in DCIM. 

Yes, I can see all the photos on my camera.  I did try to set up WIFi to my iphone before this happened, but I disabled it on my camera once I could not get it to connect with each other.  When importing to my laptop once a card it inserted it will automatically open my pictures and try to import. Also, if I try my USB cable it will open the same way. It opens up say looking for photos.  It looks like a conveyor belt with photos being added until it has all loaded.  Now with my 80D it will come up searching for photos with it never finding or adding to.  Strange thing is I have never had an issue before with this camera or importing.

I've also taken my camera to work and nothing.  

normadel
Authority
Authority

Forget whatever it is you are using to get files onto the computer. Just use your operating system File Manager to browse the camera "drive" or the SD card inserted in the computer.

If some program is opening automatically to download when you connect via USB cable, disable that. It is just confusing things.

Announcements