cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall trend on this forum: T5 or SL1

thisiswater
Contributor

Which owners report more headaches/problems?

3 REPLIES 3

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Neither camera has any specific issues.

The T5 would probably generate more questions as it is targeted at inexperienced entry level users who need more basic help.

The SL1 was designed for and is targeted at more experienced users seeking a smaller and lighter alternative to their larger dSLR.

In my opinion which is based on having been here a while most problems reported here are due to a lack of understanding how either the camera works (didn't spend any / or enough time studying the manual) or a lack of understanding just how a photograph gets taken by the photographer (basic understanding of the relationship of the settings). Both are cured by reading both the manual & joining internet based photography forums & paying attention to what's posted. Looking at what's posted is not the same as reading it, absorbing it or questioning it until you understand it. Learn the camera controls, practice how the camera works by getting away from auto & analyze your results. Practice is the key.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ScottyP
Authority

No reliability issues I have ever heard of with either.  The SLI would be too small for my hands and lenses, in my personal opinion.  But The T5 is a little stripped down in the features. 

What at is your budget?

What do you shoot?

Do you have small hands?  Large hands?  Average?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements