cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Pictures / Flashing Red Light

Akuaafreh
Apprentice

Hi! I have a canon eos rebel t7i.
Yesterday I noticed mid-shoot my camera started to act funny. When I would take a picture, it would take it a while to develop before I could take another. Other than that nothing. Today I noticed that when I took a photo the photo would come out completely orange like burnt orange (no matter what I took a photo of) and it would mix the actual subject with like something else not in the picture so if I took a picture of the window then it’d be completely orange with a mix of the window and the floor. If it isn't an orange photo then it comes out completely blurred. No matter how still I am. The photo also takes a long time to develop as well as the red light on the right side flashing at me. I noticed that my shutter button won’t work either like if I focus it on something and click the button, it won’t take the photo. I have to do it a couple of times before it works. 

I was just wondering if there is something wrong with my camera or my lens or if there was a way to fix it? I’ve never had an issue with my camera up until yesterday. It’s never been dropped either. Please help, thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Welcome to the forum.

Three things to try:

1. Remove and replace battery. If you have a third party grip remove that.

2. Reset your camera to factory settings by following the instructions in the manual.

3. Remove and reinstall the lens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Long shot: You might try getting all the images off the card and reformatting it in the camera.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Welcome to the forum.

Three things to try:

1. Remove and replace battery. If you have a third party grip remove that.

2. Reset your camera to factory settings by following the instructions in the manual.

3. Remove and reinstall the lens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Long shot: You might try getting all the images off the card and reformatting it in the camera.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Here is what you do. Reset your camera. Menu, tools, clear all settings and all custom setting, too.

Now set the camera to "P" mode. Set ISO to 200. AWB or daylight WB. Set the AF system to One shot, not Ai-servo <---this is important never set to Ai-servo for testing. Now go outside on a nice day and shoot general stuff. Make sure you have some vertical lines in the shoots.  I.E., a fence or trees or buildings, etc. If the camera/lens combo works, it works. If it doesn't most likely you have a faulty lens or camera. Simple!

Now this simple test assumes you have a good fully charged battery and a known good SD card.  If you suspect the SD card simply formatting it is not good enough.  Replace it with a top quality brand new SD card. It could be a faulty SD card so replaceing it is a good idea.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ernie:

The reason formatting works is that if you insert and delete a lot of images there can be a lot of "holes" in the free space on the card. This can make the card take longer to store images on the card since it has to put the data into a lot of little holes. Reformatting gives you nice wide space so that the card can place the image data quickly.

Everybody to their own. When an SD card starts to act flaky, or I suspect it, for any reason I replace it. They are cheap.

When I was working full time I could not take a chance of a misbehaving SD or CF card and that has remained with me to this day. Now if on the other hand you are just a hobby shooter, formatting is probably OK. Its just disappointing if you lose one or two or a few.  Not for me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements