cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only some pictures are uploading from Canon T5I

gdawg
Apprentice
I recently had a photoshoot and there was over a hundred pictures. I had gone through my camera and kept in mind the ones I loved.
So I plugged my camera in and uploaded the pictures as usual.. when I was going through the uploaded pictures I couldn't find my favorite ones for the life of me..!
Most of the pics uploaded and there was about 20 that didn't. Is it a setting in the camera or on my computer?
I use windows 10 & my pics upload through the "Photos" app.
2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you didn't delete any files in camera then they should all still be on the SD card. If something happened during the upload from camera try uploading directly from the SD card using a card reader.

Most experienced users on the forum recommend using a card reader always.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tim
Authority

Hello gdawg, 

Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer

1. Connect the camera to the computer with the interface cable supplied with the camera.
  • Set the camera's Auto Power Off settings to [Off] or [Disable] before making the connection.
  • For more information on connecting the camera to a computer, please refer to the instruction manual included with the camera.

2. Set the camera's power to [ON].

3. EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 starts automatically.
If EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs], [Canon Utilities], [EOS Utility] and then [EOS Utility].
NOTE
  • Windows 8: Right-click on the [Start] screen, and then click [All Programs] displayed on the lower right of the screen. [EOS Utility] will be displayed on the [Apps] screen.
  • Windows 8.1: Click on the bottom left of the [Start] screen to display the [Apps] screen, and then click [EOS Utility].
  • Mac OS X: Click the [EOS Utility] icon on the Dock.
IMPORTANT
If you start EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 before connecting the camera to the computer, the [EOS Utility Launcher] screen (shown in the example image below) will be displayed. In this case, please click [Close], and connect the camera to the computer after the window has closed.

4. When the window shown below is displayed, click [Download images to computer].

5. Click [Start automatic download] to download all the images on the memory card to the computer.

NOTE
By default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer. If you wish to change the destination for the downloaded images, click [Preferences] and specify the settings in the dialog box.

If you click [Select and download], you can select the images you want and download them to your computer from the cameras memory card. For the details, please see the "Downloading selected images" section below.

6. Download of images to the computer begins.

7. When all images have been downloaded, Digital Photo Professional starts up automatically and the downloaded images are displayed in Digital Photo Professionals main window.
NOTE
If you wish to edit images using Digital Photo Professional or ImageBrowser EX, refer to the individual software instruction manuals.

Downloading selected images

With EOS Utility Ver. 3.2, you can select the images you want and download them to your computer.
The procedure for downloading selected images to your computer is explained below.

1. Connect the camera to the computer with the interface cable supplied with the camera.
  • Set the camera's Auto Power Off settings to [Off] or [Disable] before making the connection.
  • For more information on connecting the camera to a computer, please refer to the instruction manual included with the camera.

2. Set the camera's power switch to [ON].

3. EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 starts automatically.
If EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs], [Canon Utilities], and then [EOS Utility].
NOTE
  • Windows 8: Right-click on the [Start] screen and click on [All apps] displayed at the bottom right of the screen to display the [Apps] screen. Then, click [EOS Utility].
  • Windows 8.1: Click on the bottom left side of the [Start] screen to display the [Apps] screen, and then click [EOS Utility].
  • Mac OS X: Click the [EOS Utility] icon on the Dock.

4. When the window shown in the example image below is displayed, click [Download images to computer].

5. Click [Select and download] to download the desired images to the computer.

6. The viewer window appears and the images in the memory card are displayed.
View the images and checkmark images to download. Then click the [Download] button. (3 images have been selected in the example image below.)

NOTE
  • The [ ] icon is displayed in the upper-left corner of movie files.
  • You can click the [ ] button to sort the images with various conditions and choose images you want to download.

7. The download image dialog box appears. If you want to change the destination, click [Destination Folder] and make the settings in the dialog box displayed.

NOTE
By default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer.

8. Click the [OK] button in the [EOS Utility Download image] screen (shown in the example image above) to begin downloading images to your computer.

When all the selected images are downloaded, Digital Photo Professional starts automatically and the images that have been downloaded will be displayed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements