Not getting high fps

Muzahid2020
Apprentice
Canon 5D MIV
13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. Can you explain more what the problem is?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

More info needed?  Are you asking how to enable high speed drive mode?  Is the shutter speed high enough to support the requested drive speed?  Single shot or AI servo AF?  Are you getting a few shots at high speed but filling up the buffer quickly due to using a memory card with insufficient write speed?  Are you trying to write RAW plus JPG which will further slow operations?

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

For the rebels, it helps to turn off any lens corrections. That takes a lot of computing horsepower.

"For the rebels,..."

OP is using a 5D Mk IV.  First guess is too slow SS and too slow SD/CF card or using just the slower SD card. You can try jpg instead of Raw format.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JohnFDay
Apprentice

I get a message new or counterfiet battery . tried New batteries and tried the batteries in a different cameras NO problems with them  !!

Then the camera shuts off and won't work. I would welcome any input before I send this camera in for repair

. I should note that the cameraa is 2 years old and I have used it only 6 or so times

Try using real Canon batteries.  5D Mk IV doesn't like off brand and counterfeit batteries.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes even bought a new one same result

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Call 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
Call 1-800-OK-CANON.

You have it right, John. 

As an aside, what is it with many of these newer posters? They seem to seriously lack basic communication skills to the point that they are unable to describe their problem in a coherent way. Many don't even follow up on their own inquiry. 

Announcements