cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob here. Brand new EOS 820D (T8i) --what accessory kit do I need for webcam/livestreaming?

voxwoman
Apprentice

I've been all over the site and the $89 accessory kit says it works with T7 cameras. I don't see one that explicitly says T8. Will that one work with the T8? I just want to make sure I buy the correct cables and power supply.

For those of you who are livestreaming and also use an external microphone, do you connect it to the laptop or the camera? (My microphone is a Blue Yeti and only has a USB connection, not a micro audio connector)

And while I'm here, my daughter's Canon is about 10 years old (Rebel 2? something like that). Will her lenses work on my camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I can only currently speak to your lenses question.  Your camera can work with both EF and EF-S lenses.  The older rebel camera lens is probably an EF-S, so it would work in that case.

There are markings somewhere on the lens (e.g. around the front's rim).  Try looking for text of "EF" or "EF-S".

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I can only currently speak to your lenses question.  Your camera can work with both EF and EF-S lenses.  The older rebel camera lens is probably an EF-S, so it would work in that case.

There are markings somewhere on the lens (e.g. around the front's rim).  Try looking for text of "EF" or "EF-S".

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Canon AC adapters come in two parts.  There is the DC Adapter, which plugs into an AC wall outlet.  There is the Battery Adapter, which installs in the camera's battery compartment.  The DC Adapter can be used many different Battery Adapters.

The T7 uses an LP-10 battery,,while the T8i uses an LP-17 battery.  If you have a kit for a T7, then I would conclude that it would not work on the T8i because it would require a different battery adapter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@voxwoman wrote:

I've been all over the site and the $89 accessory kit says it works with T7 cameras. I don't see one that explicitly says T8. Will that one work with the T8? I just want to make sure I buy the correct cables and power supply.

For those of you who are livestreaming and also use an external microphone, do you connect it to the laptop or the camera? (My microphone is a Blue Yeti and only has a USB connection, not a micro audio connector)

And while I'm here, my daughter's Canon is about 10 years old (Rebel 2? something like that). Will her lenses work on my camera?

I would plug the USB microphone into the computer.  You are live streaming from the computer, not the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements