cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New digital body

ryee3
Apprentice

My camera store person said the 1dmark4 was reported to commonly have problems with focusing.  He recommended to send it in for repair.  Has anyone had this problem? 

Also I need the speed f/sec for action but I haven't been happy with the color saturation with the current body.  He recommended buying a 5d mark 3.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

The 1D3 had AF issues but I haven't seen any similar issues with the 1D4. Depending on your needs & what you currently own plus budget the 7D, 5D3, 1D4 & 1Dx are good for action but the 5D3 has the lowest FPS in that set.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Of these, which camera gives the best color saturation and color rendition? My current mark 4 does not have the best color files IMHO. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

diverhank
Authority

Your camera store person is wrong. There is no problem with the 1D mk4.  Buying a 5DMk3 is not going to solve anything.  If you like the pictures a little more colorful, just push it a little bit in post processing.  A little bit of vibrance and saturation goes a long way.  Just hope you don't pay full price for a 1D4...There is a newer version, the 1DX.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Hank it reads like they have a 1D4 now. Never heard any complaints about colour saturation & I don't have any with mine. If you're shooting jpg's you can re set it for more saturation & if shooting RAW you have endless ways to increase it. That said all the things I've read about both the 5D3 & 1Dx sound extremely positive.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements