cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New camera??? - Recommendations under $250

mesocute333
Apprentice

It looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new camera, any recommendations? I really like the Canon rebels, and my budget is under $250. tysm!

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Well, your budget is going to provide a major challenge as it is so low, and on Canon's site I can find only one body with lens close to that budget. You can seek to be advised when one of these might be in stock with Canon Refurb and continue saving: Shop Canon Refurbished EOS Rebel T100 EF-S 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6 III Lens $330. This gear is either new and overstock, new and open box, demo or show, but 'good as new' and comes with a Canon warranty.

Alternatively, look at KEH.com, which has second-hand camera gear for sale, they rate their gear and also offer a warranty.  While you can get lower prices on the web marketing sites, you are also dealing with risk and, to me, it's not worth spending your limited funds on a dud. 

If necessary, continue saving and just study photography - when I started off many years ago, I could not afford the camera gear I wanted, but I spent the time learning the theory of light metering and controlling exposure, and studied the controls of the types of cameras I wanted, so that when I did get my gear, I had a fair idea of how to use it effectively.

You will also have to consider that you need to buy a FULL-SIZE SD card (not micro with adapter) - reliable brands are Lexar, SanDisk, or Prograde, something around 32GB - don't buy cheap cards off the web they may be suspect - get one from a reliable source like B&H or Adorama.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I found a few on KEH, I've never even heard of it! thank you so so so much!

If this resolves your issue please mark the one that give you the information that works as Resolved, so others may benefit from that and you won't get on-going comments.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

John_SD
Whiz

For that price, you want to start checking Craigslist. Good luck. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That may be an unrealistic price point. Keh or maybe a local camera store would be where to look. Be sure you get return privileges and a warranty of several months.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements