cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New M50 User

henrylynn
Apprentice

I want to use Canon Connect to transfer RAW camera files to my iPone photos app. The Apple instructions say if I check the "Download and Keep Originals" in the Photos app settings the image I well see in the App should be RAW. So far all I see are JPEG files. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The files get converted to jpg when transferred.  RAW transfer is not supported.  Its always been like this.

-Compatible File Types
JPEG、MP4、MOV
・Importing original RAW files is not supported (RAW files are resized to JPEG).
・MOV files and 8K movie files shot with EOS cameras cannot be saved.
・HEIF (10 bit) and RAW movie files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved.
・AVCHD files shot with Camcorder cannot be saved.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The files get converted to jpg when transferred.  RAW transfer is not supported.  Its always been like this.

-Compatible File Types
JPEG、MP4、MOV
・Importing original RAW files is not supported (RAW files are resized to JPEG).
・MOV files and 8K movie files shot with EOS cameras cannot be saved.
・HEIF (10 bit) and RAW movie files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved.
・AVCHD files shot with Camcorder cannot be saved.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

https://youtu.be/shUZjBqXVGk

What about this? The instructions are for EOS R. Will this method not work on the M50?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements