cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D showing REC text while connected to HDMI

RebelPro
Contributor

Hi everyone!! 

While testing my Canon 90D I realized if I connect the camera to a switcher, let's say for Live Streaming, but I also want to record to the camera's SD card, the HDMI feed shows a Rec text with the red dot on the screen. Of course, if I don't record to the camera the text won't show up.

Pressing the Info button on the camera doesn't remove this text and icon. Is there any way or setting to remove this from the HDMI feed? Thank you in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm not sure.  The 90D can offer clean HDMI out.  But from this Canon article...

"When either of the Clean HDMI output options are selected and the camera is connected to a recorder, no image is recorded to an in-camera memory card."

You'd have to check the manual to see if there's some specific combination of settings allowing you to both record internally and have clean HDMI output.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ricky, thank you for the reply.

It seems that there's no option to record to the internal card and have a 100% clean feed from the HDMI based on the manual for what I can see. Yes, the Info button allows to disable any text on the camera's screen except the REC text when the camera is recording. This is very unfortunate.

I guess the only that comes to my mind is to frame everything in a way that at the time to broadcast a crop is applied to the video, leaving the REC out and still have a copy saved to the internal memory.

Screebshot

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements