cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cannon DSL Suggestions needed

illust8
Apprentice

My Canon 60D(purchased in 2012) just died on me. Canon Support saying it's not salvageable since they don't fix them/have parts for them anymore. But they said I qualify for the Upgrade Program(discount) so I called sales and they suggested the 90D.
But I'm wondering if my money would be better spent on another model? I'm an intermediate photographer, shooting mostly nature in the Manual setting. I have many lens, which I'd like to continue using/not having to buy new ones.
Should I go with the Mark or Rebel series or stick with the 90D? Does Canon make the camera's that stacks photo exposures to come out with HD photos to get those intense colors/shoots great sunsets/shadow shots? But I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a new camera, but want to get a camera that's goning to last me another 8-10+ years.
There's so many options out there and I'm overwhelmed as to what to choose. Any guidance/suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thank you so much for your guidance!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Focus stacking is what Canon calls focus bracketing.  It is a feature of the 90D.  I think a Rebel would be disappointing camping from a 60D.  I think the 90D is a good choice as a replacement for a 90D.

The best thing for you to do is to download copies of the User Manual, and see what all the cameras can do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Focus stacking is what Canon calls focus bracketing.  It is a feature of the 90D.  I think a Rebel would be disappointing camping from a 60D.  I think the 90D is a good choice as a replacement for a 90D.

The best thing for you to do is to download copies of the User Manual, and see what all the cameras can do.

OP asked about HDR, not focus stacking.

eos90d-ug2-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

Pages 98 and 106 describe the HDR capabilities of the 90D.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements