cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wishlist for R5 firmware update

paulamsterdam
Contributor

-Direct acces to minimum shutter speed with AutoISO ( or a Safety Shift in M and AutoISO, basically the same).There are four ( !) dials….

-To speed up manual, when using *h ( exposure lock hold) in M, and changing aperture , shutterspeed should change to obtain exposure.

-Tracking should be possible in ALL AF modes.

-Direct switching to full electronic shutter, don't want to switch off anti-flicker first, I know anti-flicker doesn't work in electronic.

-Switch off sensor and close shutter when detaching a lens, instead of turning camera off, change lens, turn camera on again....

-Electronic shutter sound optional.

-Electronic shutter in 10fps optional

-Spotmetering linked to focus point.

-Flash-photography: possibility to influence brightness/exposure of EVF in Exposure Simulation Off Mode( you might be looking at a silhouette when photographing a person in front of a window, and exposing for light outside)

-Customizable Quick Menu.

-Function for the Rate Button

-Possibility to move focus point when shutter is half-pressed

-When using *h, AE lock hold, you can't at the same time lock exposure with the shutterbutton.

Just to add : I have been working with Canon professionally for 25 years, and switched to Sony 4 years ago ( A9 and A9II) , moved back to Canon with the R5, and would have been totally happy if I came straight from EOS 5 IV. But Sony had a few good things that I miss now, like working with Auto ISO, which is, when you really think about it, the first and only variable you want to have in an automatic mode.And yes, I work in full manual most of the time, but sometimes you just need the speed of A, or you want to concentrate more on the people or the surroundings then your camera.

13 REPLIES 13

Ofcourse a faster shutterspeed! But I want the camera to do that automatically, raise the speed to 8000 . If you were inside at 125/f2.8( and AutoISO)  and suddenly you have to run outside , something happens there, then you have to remember to raise your shutterspeed. That's called "Safety Shift" It's there for A,T and P, but not for M (icm with AutoISO) If you don't get it, don't use it. But it would make me very happy 🙂

@paulamsterdam wrote:

Ofcourse a faster shutterspeed! But I want the camera to do that automatically, raise the speed to 8000 . If you were inside at 125/f2.8( and AutoISO)  and suddenly you have to run outside , something happens there, then you have to remember to raise your shutterspeed. That's called "Safety Shift" It's there for A,T and P, but not for M (icm with AutoISO) If you don't get it, don't use it. But it would make me very happy 🙂

Not to sound condescending, but do you fully understand how a camera works?

There is a very simple reason why “Safety Shift” is not available in M shooting mode.  It is because you are manually setting the exposure.  The camera is not controlling shutter or aperture.  You are.  

This means the camera is [NOT] able to control shutter or aperture because you are controlling them.  This is how it works.  If you wish to make use of Safety Shift, then use another shooting mode.  Safety Shift is not unavailable in M shooting modes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Do you understand how AutoISO works? 

@paulamsterdam wrote:

Do you understand how AutoISO works? 

[EDIT] ISO Auto means the camera is controlling ISO, not shutter speed.

Good luck with finding solutions for your work flow.  I’m out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements