cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new 80D takes pink pictures

Horsefeathers
Enthusiast
My new 80D purchased at Costco as a bundle with a nice pair of Canon lenses has always taken pink pictures. I seldom get good photos from this camera. I am not an expert si only shoot pictures on auto setting. I've never touched any other setting ever. I see on this site that others have had thus problem. One poor fellow after trying all the suggestions and jumping through hoops was told to service his camera. Is Canon going to admit they have a serious problem and help us besides telling us to service a camera? What happened so that so many cameras are garbage from day one of purchase?
68 REPLIES 68

John_SD
Whiz

@Horsefeathers wrote:
My new 80D purchased at Costco as a bundle with a nice pair of Canon lenses has always taken pink pictures. 

Pink?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Did you buy the camera from an authorized Canon dealer? Sounds like your camera may not actually be brand spanking new.

I suggest that you go into the menus and reset the camera back to the factory defaults.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome,

When I search for 80D takes pink pictures, your post is the only result.

pink.png

Maybe you can post some samples of these "pink" images?

Is something wrong with your camera, maybe, but lack of action means you'll never know.  Costco's return policy is liberal to a fault. 

If you want us to try and help, tell us more about the lenses and shooting conditions.  What memory card you are using, etc.

Are the images pink when you review them on the camera's LCD?

Are all of the images pink, or just some?

Have you tried shooting with a different card?

Have you tried resetting the camera to defaults and shooting auto in standard daylight?

Nothing has happened "so that so many cameras are garbage from day one of purchase".  I've had 4 bodies in the house over the last 3 yrs.  2 were Rebel and FF.  Neither had issues.

As I said, something might be wrong with your camera, but we can't try and help if you won't take some steps to help yourself.

There are a large number of extremely knowledgeable users here, and Canon Mods that have pretty much seen everything.  Problems, issues or photgraphic result from whatever.  If you came here to rant, ok.  If you want help, then you know what you need to do.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"My new 80D purchased at Costco as a bundle with a nice pair of Canon lenses has always taken pink pictures. I seldom get good photos from this camera."

What exactly is "a bundle with a nice pair of Canon lenses" ?  If the "lenses" are screw on to the real Canon lens, they are the problem.  You need to return it to Costco or deposit them in the trash bin.

Here is the facts, the 80D takes outstanding pictures when using Canon EF-S lenses.  This is true for the many thousands upon thousands of people that own them. That makes yours out of the norm. Is it possible you got a bummer? Of cores, in that case you need to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666.  If you bought genuine Canon USA gear, they will make it right for you.

Our general rule around here for new buyers is to not buy any "camera bundle" and make sure it is genuine Canon USA gear.

" Is Canon going to admit they have a serious problem and help us besides telling us to service a camera?"

I agree there is a "serious problem" but where that serious problem lies is the question.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I have taken "pink" pictures before on my Rebel.  The WB was set to "Flash".

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"My new 80D purchased at Costco as a bundle with a nice pair of Canon lenses has always taken pink pictures."

I just looked online to what Costco offered, and I only saw the 90D with the standard EF-S 18-55mm IS STM lens, SD card, and a camera bag that looked like a sling or small backpack.  I did not see the 80D, at all.

I am not a fan of buying big ticket items a big box stores.  Returned items frequently find their way back into inventory to be resold to the next person who comes along.  I suspect that this may have happened to you.  I buy all of my Canon gear online either directly fron Canon, or from B&H Photo Video in NYC.

Horsefeathers
Enthusiast
As in my post I purchased brand new from Costo in a sealed box.

Horsefeathers
Enthusiast
I searched on Google for too much red or pink in pictures and it took me to this site. There were several posts. One gentleman was told after trying to reset to defaults etc to simply have it serviced. I purchased mine at retirement three years ago at Costco brand new. I use the 35-250 lens that came with it for landscape shots ... trees cliffs scenery etc ... there has always been a pinkish addition to the original color of things. I can shoot the same scene with a Luminex camera and the colors are always perfect. What kind of quality control does Canon have if others besides myself are having this issue?

Horsefeathers
Enthusiast
The first step I took was to Google a solution which took me to your site. I read where others took the steps of resetting the camera even replacing the chip. These offered solutions did not help these people. Since I purchased brand new at Costco three years ago at my retirement and have never touched a setting but just shoot on automatic I doubt Costco would help me. I was hoping the problem would correct itself. Maybe it was too bright of a day? Maybe too cloudy? But my cheap Luminex would take true to color pictures all the time. My next step was going to be to call Canon. I might check with a local camera pro shop too.
Announcements