cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My T5i is turning on momentarily and then turning off. It will not focus or take a picture!

barnesofheather
Apprentice

My T5i was bought new about a year ago and has been taking great pics and without problems.  This week when I tried to download pics it wouldn't connect to iphoto.  In fact, it now only will momentarily turn on and then the whole camera turns off and nothing will work on it. 😞 !  Any ideas?!?!   Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Did you charge the battery using the supplied Canon charger?  (The camera does not get power from the USB cable -- only the battery.)

If a battery has not be used for a year, it may take several repeated attempts before it will start charging. 

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Yes.  I've tried both batteries.  It stays on just long enough for me to view the back and see that the battery power is good. 😞 

I restarted my Mac and that seemed to be what was needed to allow the computer to read the camera and I was able to download my pics.  But the camera itself is still not functioning and the back screen goes black after about 1 second.

I think I've discovered the issue. Pardon my lack of experience with this camera. I do believe that it is because the camera was still connected with the usb! When it's connected the back screen goes black. I didn't realize this. I unplugged it from the computer and, voila....back on track! Thanks!
Announcements