cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebel t100 keeps taking pictures but the screen in black

Nevnev
Apprentice

I recently just got a canon eos t100 and as soon as i turn it on the camera flashes the screen then goes black and starts taking pictures anytime i switch the settings. i’m brand new to this and im really just confused. i can’t find anything about this issue online so i don’t know what to do from here. please help.

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What mode is the camera set to on the top mode dial set to.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How do you know if it is "taking pictures".

If you are switching into live view or movie mode, the mirror will move causing a sound that some people might think is "taking a picture".

If you see nothing on the screen, try pressing the info button.

The only reason i know it’s taking pictures is because it will show the picture really fast then go black again

When you are not taking pictures what do you see on the LCD screen at the back?    It is black or is there a display of some kind?
If it is black, I suggest tapping the DISP button wait, and see what happens.

Another thing to consider, given you see a brief display of the image, also look at the Live View button - see:

Tronhard_1-1723161182107.png

I suggest having a look at the manual for the page references given in the diagram. If you have not got it, download it from this link:
eos-rebelt100-3000d-im1-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Follow these instructions from your manual:

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

Announcements