cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mac isn't recognizing my EOS 60D when I use a USB which wont allow me to use the EOS utilities

Breezygirl388
Apprentice

I recently installed the EOS software disk to my Mac, but when I go to plug in my camera to my computer with a USB a notification pops up saying "No Camera Found" and it will not allow me to use any of the EOS utilities.

8 REPLIES 8

Curt1591
Apprentice
This may seem too simple, but did you turn the camera on?

Did I guess right?

Great suggestion, I wish my problem was just that simple. Thanks anyway 

Connect the camera via USB and power it up.  Make sure the camera does turn on (e.g. you can see info on it's various displays).

Connect the camera via USB to the Mac.

Open Finder, navigate to your Applications -> Utilities folder, then launch the "System Information" utility.

In "System Information", along the left side of the display you'll see a hardware section with a USB option in it.  Select "USB" on the left.

On the right you'll see a list of devices which are connected via USB (some of which are internal).  You should see your Canon camera on that list.

ONE MORE THING:  There is such a thing as a USB cable intended ONLY for "charging" devices.  These cables lack the data communication pins.  Make sure you are using a true USB cable that has all pins (e.g. like the cable that came with your camera.).   I have a few devices that use that universal USB type cable for charging and many of them leave out the data communication pins.   

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Can I refer you to a thread in which I was involved earlier this week?

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/when-will-the-EOS-Utility-be-compatible-and-function-with-the/m-p...

It might help.

George.

Ok so I see Canon on the list, what do I do next?

Sorry, don't understand your post, just follow the instructions in my 3rd answer on that thread, and download the requisite software>>>

mbclark
Apprentice

Make sure WiFi is turned off on the 6D if you're connecting with USB.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements