cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cannon Rebel T1i stopped shooting. I removed the lens and tried my other lens. It still doesn't.

isabelhines
Apprentice

My Cannon T1i stopped shooting. I tried changing lenses ant it still won't work. 

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
We would need more detail. What does it do when you press the shutter button? Does it power up? Can you focus? what mode do you have a problem with or all of them? Does it give you any error message? Have you tried to test the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

OK we know it is not the lens.  Next get a new battery and fully charge it.  Make sure it is fully charged.  That will eliminate the battery and charger.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

As a test (this is just a "test" -- not a fix), please switch the lens to "manual focus" (swith the AF/MF switch on the lens to the MF position) and try taking a photo (it does not matter if you focus or not).  Let us know if the camera shoots -- that's all we want to know.

If the T1i is in it's default "One Shot" mode and the lens is in the AF position, then it will ONLY take a shot if it can confirm that it has locked focus on at least one AF point.   If either the lens is in MF mode -or- if the camera is switched to "AI Servo" focusing mode then it will take a shot whenever the shutter button is fully pressed and it will do this whether the camera was focused or not.

That means this is a simple way to determine if the reason the camera is refusing to shoot is becuase it cannot focus.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements