cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Video Setting Options! Canon EOS 6D Mark II

NWAutismCtr
Apprentice

I am learning to use my new DSLR camera for video, and in every tutorial video I watch I see there are so many options in the menu that I do not see in my camera. There is no option to choose file type in movie record quality, it just automatically shoots as MP4, and I want to change it to MOV. I have tried putting my camera in every mode and still don't see this and other menu options, please help!

CanonMenu.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you certain that you have been watching videos about the 6D Mark II?

I do not wish to sound flippant, but have you downloaded a copy of the full User Guide and read the specs and how to set up the camera?   I do not believe that MOV format is supported on the 6D2.

CDD48B1A-A9AE-4CB3-896A-90C7EBC0E32E.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite

What mode do you have the camera in?  Perhaps in certain modes (e.g. Auto), the ability to change settings would be restricted.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have tried in all modes and do not see the alternative settings

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you certain that you have been watching videos about the 6D Mark II?

I do not wish to sound flippant, but have you downloaded a copy of the full User Guide and read the specs and how to set up the camera?   I do not believe that MOV format is supported on the 6D2.

CDD48B1A-A9AE-4CB3-896A-90C7EBC0E32E.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

And MOV really isn't a format per se.   Originally (around 1995), it was, but it has evolved in being a container.  The actual codec can vary.  i.e. a file ending in .mov could be H.264 or something else.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for your reply, I have the manual but am better at learning by watching and hearing, so I have not looked at the manual. I did search specifically search for 6D2 videos so I'm pretty sure that is what they were showing. 

However, based on the information you have posted here, it would seem my camera does not have this function. Really appreciate your input and for sharing this info with me:)

Announcements