cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic input in refurbished Canon M6 Mark II

NND
Apprentice

Hello experts. I just bought a refurbished M6 Mark II directly from us.canon.com . Everything works really well but I noticed that I'm not able to record any audio using an external microphone (internal mic works fine). I'm using a Rode SmartLav+ lavalier mic

Few questions:

1. Does Canon test the mic input in its refurbishing process?

2. Any known issues with using a TRRS 3.5mm input from a lavalier mic? The same mic works fine on a laptop, for example.

I'm really hoping not having to return this awesome camera ! 😞

Thank you for responses

NND

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NND
Apprentice

Capturing the resolution here if it's helpful for others in the future.

Using a TRRS to TRS converter helped resolve the mic issue. The Rode SmartLav+ microphone has a 3.5mm TRRS pin, whereas the input jack in the camera is TRS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, NND!  Canon factory refurbished cameras are all covered by a 1-year warranty and if it's soon enough, you might even qualify for our 14-day return and exchange policy.  If you're unable to find a solution here on the Canon Community Forum, you're welcome to call our EOS support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) or, if applicable, our sales team at 1-800-385-2155.  Both are open weekdays and Saturdays.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your quick response. Do you happen to know if the mic input is tested as part of the refurbishing process? 

In the meantime I've ordered a TRRS to TRS adapter to see if it's a compatibility issue between my mic output pin and the microphone input jack.

NND
Apprentice

Capturing the resolution here if it's helpful for others in the future.

Using a TRRS to TRS converter helped resolve the mic issue. The Rode SmartLav+ microphone has a 3.5mm TRRS pin, whereas the input jack in the camera is TRS.

Announcements