cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark IV lacking sharpness

LynettePhoto
Apprentice

Holla! I have two cameras. A 5D M3 and 5D M4 and recently my 5D Mark 4 has been handing me pixelated/blurry feeling photos. I'm getting more frustrated every time I edit and am hoping you might be able to help me pinpoint the problem. Is the Camera dying? The shutter count has got to be over 400,000 at this point.

Thanks in advance! 

Example:

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 12.00.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.59.39 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What is an M3 or an M4?  Are these 5D series cameras?  If so, then please say so.  There are several Mark 3 and Mark 4 camera bodes that have been released over the years.

This shot appears to have been shot in low light, which frequently means slow shutter speeds.  What were the exposure settings, AF settings, and the lens that was used?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank You! Modified my inital post.

Where was the focus point? DPP can tell you.

It looks like it focused on her shoulder and the faces are OOF.

Using a 70mm lens, at f/2.8, and a full frame sensor might mean a narrow Depth of Field if you were close to them.  Check out the f/2.8 column in the table below.

FA2135E9-3DAB-4251-9BFE-DDB7BB803598.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

When things suddenly seem to go haywire it is good to look for differences/changes from when you had good results.

1. same or different lens?

2. all lenses of just one?

3. are the images RAW or JPEG? If JPEG has the Picture Style been inadvertently set to Faithful or Neutral (no sharpening set in those PSs).?

4. does the Mk3 give similar results in same conditions?

5. have you tried restting all camera settings and clearing all custom functions?

6. did someone's dog lick your lens :-)?

7. I wouldn't consider the image to be pixilated or noisy.

Screenshot 2021-09-07 193900.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements