cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6 mark 2 Focus points?

Johnmtchl
Contributor

Alright, ive owned two cameras ever. a nikon d5600, and now my new canon m6 mark 2. 

My issue: 

i shoot mainly sports, and i use a canon 100-400 Usm L series lens, and if you know that lens, its huge. Its three time the weight of my camera so i have to have one hand dedicated to the lens. i am left eye dominate so i have to use the left side of the screen for focus point with my thumb. but it doent work with my left hand 100% of the time on my lens. and i cant use the right side because my nose hits that side. On my d5600 i had a few focus points i could cycle through not using the screen, and i know i have the wheel on the back of the M6II. is there any physical buttons i can use to select focus points? or any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Johnmtchl wrote:

Alright, ive owned two cameras ever. a nikon d5600, and now my new canon m6 mark 2. 

My issue: 

i shoot mainly sports, and i use a canon 100-400 Usm L series lens, and if you know that lens, its huge. Its three time the weight of my camera so i have to have one hand dedicated to the lens. i am left eye dominate so i have to use the left side of the screen for focus point with my thumb. but it doent work with my left hand 100% of the time on my lens. and i cant use the right side because my nose hits that side. On my d5600 i had a few focus points i could cycle through not using the screen, and i know i have the wheel on the back of the M6II. is there any physical buttons i can use to select focus points? or any ideas? 

I am not sure I understand your issue.  The camera lacks a viewfinder.  Why is your nose hitting the camera?  Are you using the electronic viewfinder adapter?  The camera is what it is.  Download the full User Guide, and reference that.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

so my question is is there any physical buttons i can use to set focus points rather than the screen? 

i do use the viewfinder, and the screen becomes a touch and drag af selector. 

but i cant use the left side becasue my hand has to be on the lens, and i cant use the right side because my nose hits that side moves my focus point, so im hoping someone will know of a way to use the back wheel to click up down left right to choose focus points. 

@Johnmtchl wrote:

so my question is is there any physical buttons i can use to set focus points rather than the screen? 

i do use the viewfinder, and the screen becomes a touch and drag af selector. 

but i cant use the left side becasue my hand has to be on the lens, and i cant use the right side because my nose hits that side moves my focus point, so im hoping someone will know of a way to use the back wheel to click up down left right to choose focus points. 

Okay, so you're using the EVF adapter.  Do you see the button on the right that looks like tic-tc-toe?  Like I said.....

186537C4-DA31-403A-BDD4-23A5DB1D47A7.jpeg

Download the User Guide to learn how to use it.  There are too many options to explain in a forum thread.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements