cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M6 electronic level doesn't show in viewfinder

lilbaldy
Contributor

M6 electronic level doesn't show in the viewfinder. I have the EVF-DC1. It shows up in the M3, so this seems weird that it won't in the more advanced camera. Is this a normal thing or a bug in my camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just found the VF display settings which solves the problem, though I feel a fool for missing it

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you using the “EVF-DC1”, then you may have the wrong device.  I use the “EVF-DC2” with my M3.  I think the “DC1” is designed for Powershot Series, not the M Series.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The EVF-DC1 works Perfectly with the M3. It is, in fact, an accessory listed in the M3 user manual.

My issue is with the M6 MII.

The DC1 is what was available when the M3 was released.  The DC2 is the recommended accessory for the M6 Mk II

The DC2 is recommended, in part, because Canon no longer sell the DC1. Which I feel is a shame because I use the articulation of the DC1 often.

I'm aware that it Might be a communication issue, but there is no reason it should be. And I am trying to find out if it is definitely insolvable or if it is a bug in my particular camera.

Take a look at this link.  Tap the “What is in the box” button.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-c... 

This does not answer my question. That they include the currently manufactured evf instead of the no longer manufactured evf says nothing to compatibility.

And I just discovered a VF display menu which solves the problem.

I just found the VF display settings which solves the problem, though I feel a fool for missing it

Announcements