cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 Mark 2 . Focus issues

Harped90
Contributor

Hello I'm new to cameras I recently purchased a M50 mark 2. Camera worked great took a few picture everything was clear. Well I went to mess around with it some more today and tried out a different lens a vivitar 49 mm telephoto lens. Since doing that when trying to use the base canon efm 15-45mm lense it will only focus on objects directly in front of the lens. I'm talking within 1 to 2 inches.

I've initially thought I messed up the settings so I did a settings reset. I've reseated the efm several times still no improvement.Tried to clean lens makes no difference. One odd thing is when I put on the vivitar 49mm wide angle lens it goes back to normal.

I'm hoping I'm making some simple rookie mistake any help would be appreciated. Two pics included one with the efm 15-45 mm and the other is the efm 15-45mm + the vivitar 49 mm wide angle lens

PXL_20220708_230138484.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It almost sounds like there might be multiple “lens filters” in use at the same time.  If you use a UV filter on the lens, then remove that one, too.  It might not be the UV filter.  

Make sure all filters are removed from the lens, and test it again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I remember the post, Trevor, but not the outcome. That is why I asked for clarification.

Newton

@Tronhard wrote:

We had this same issue with another recent thread, can anyone remember what the result of that was?

I seem to recall that multiple filters were installed.  The OP had though the one [remaining] on the [camera] was a UV filter, but it was another tele/wide/macro lens attachments.

@Harped90 wrote:

Yes exactly . It works with the wide angle filter excuse me for using the wrong language 

No big deal. It is a lens of sorts and marketed as and looks like a lens, if it is the one I'm thinking about. TBH, I meant to type "filter type", as in it screws onto an existing lens. My bad.

Newton

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It almost sounds like there might be multiple “lens filters” in use at the same time.  If you use a UV filter on the lens, then remove that one, too.  It might not be the UV filter.  

Make sure all filters are removed from the lens, and test it again.

Rookie mistake. Thank all of you guys so much for the help I look forward to being part of this community.

For anybody new to cameras having this issue. It may not seem apparent but some of these filters are two pieces. So it's possible to remove one half of the filter from your camera and leaving one half on without realizing it.

Announcements