cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower-priced alternative to EOS R10?

restless_indv
Apprentice

Hello, i'm planning to buy a camera like R10. Is there any suggestion of camera that is similar to R10 but is lower price? The most important thing i wanna find is: 1) It can connect my speedlight withoit am adapter 2) The grip has enough space for a comfortable grip. 3) Mirrorless & touchscreen

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Take a look at the EOS R10 with a RF-S 18-150. Refurbished directly from Canon. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/refurbished-eos-r10-rf-s18-150mm-f3-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-kit

For speedlite compatibility, you need to tell us what model you have?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

restless_indv
Apprentice

I have the Godox TT600

The adapter only applies to speedlites with weather sealing. There are some known incompatibilities between Godox speedlites and transmitters with the EOS R series. The main one being E-TTL & HSS don't work together. Then the AF Assist Beam will cause the camera to lock up. When a Canon Speedlite is used the AF Assist Beam automatically switches to Intermittent Flash Firing in low light. But Godox products can't do this and cause the camera to lock up.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

1 - Is there a similar camera at a lower price?  No

2 - Can my speedlite connect without an adapter?  Unknown. Canon sells an adapter that allows Canon EX gear to work  

3 - Is the grip comfortable?  Visit a camera store like Best Buy for a test drive. 

Every R series camera has a flip out touchscreen except the R100. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

restless_indiv - I just want to add something to Waddizzle's good advice...

"Visit a camera store like Best Buy for a test drive."

Great suggestion, but better yet, if you have an actual camera store in your area, go there instead.  Best Buy will most likely have the R10 so you can test the grip, but the sales staff is not trained well enough to properly answer more technical questions on camera gear - and if it is anything like most Best Buy stores, they will tell you whatever to make a sale.  A dedicated camera store will have trained staff that can accurately answer any questions you have. 

Gary

Digital: Canon: R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax: Spotmatic, K1000, K2000, Miranda: DR, Zenit: 12XP, Kodak: Retina Automatic II, Duaflex III
Announcements