cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost part for 70D

MNshutterbug
Apprentice

I lost the small round plastic piece that attaches to the knob which shows what mode I'm in. Is there anyway to contact Canon for a replacement on an older camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon can likely help.

Canon Parts Dept
Canon Parts Order Desk at (866) 481-2569
Weekdays from 9 AM - 7 PM, ET.

Also US Camera dot com

shadowsports_0-1696781821077.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon can likely help.

Canon Parts Dept
Canon Parts Order Desk at (866) 481-2569
Weekdays from 9 AM - 7 PM, ET.

Also US Camera dot com

shadowsports_0-1696781821077.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Just to let you know, I called Canon and they stated that I couldn't get just the plastic piece that just attaches to the dial for that model. I needed the whole knob so I figured for just around $20 plus shipping, I might as well order it. I assumed it would be an easy replacement. I thought the existing knob would just pull up and off but after no luck I called Canon tech support. The person I talked to had no idea and her only solution for me was to send the camera in to their repair department. Considering the age of this camera I opted out of that idea. I then did some googling and learned the whole camera would need to be disassembled to remove the dial. I wasn't about to do that so I asked about returning it and was told by customer service that she didn't think it was returnable but I could call back earlier the next day and talk to somebody at tech support again. Instead, I sent off an email and was told that due to the minimal price of this dial, they'd refund me all but the shipping, which I considered fair and I didn't need to send the part back.  In the meantime I discovered that I could order just the part I needed to glue to the top of the knob, from Amazon for $10. Why is it that Amazon carries that part but Canon doesn't? However, I was able to pop off the part from the knob they sent me and glue it onto my camera dial so I didn't need to order it from Amazon. All in all, I got by for just the $7 shipping cost since I didn't need to send the part back to Canon and was able to utilize it in the end. 

Peter
Authority
Authority

I have two 6D that had the same issue. Glued them. No problems after that. There are dial plates at Amazon or Ebay.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I was not aware the mode dial itself could not be ordered.  Having to order the whole cap is one thing, full disassembly is another.  Learning experience for all of us.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I think it depends on the model. When I called in to order it I was told that was the way it was with this model. And yeah, I'm not about to mess with the internal electronics in a camera. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements