cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a camera for in-house photography. Canon 5D IV or R6 II?

jeaju99
Apprentice

I work for a large global company as a motion designer, but also do a lot of videography and photography around our offices. I have 3 x GH5 II's for my filming purposes but need a better photography camera. I currently use a 60D that was left by the last guy and is quite old and battered now. I've been given a good budget to upgrade and want to make sure I get the best available camera. I can't decide between the 5D IV or the R6 II and would like to hear some suggestions.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would recommend going with a mirrorless body at this point.  Either the R6 Mark II or even the R5.

Also, what lenses do you currently have with the 60D?  If they are all EF-S lenses, you wouldn't be able to use them with an EOS 5D IV (or anything in the 5D line)

What is your current budget? Be sure to look at the new excellent RF lenses as well based upon what focal ranges you need.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Ricky's recommendation.  👍

Mirrorless with new RF glass for sure.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Ditto!

"Mirrorless with new RF glass for sure."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements