cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon A1 winding lever stuck

kikyo
Apprentice

So i bought an old A1 camera cheap from a cousin and it seems to be near pristine condition if it wasnt for the fact that the winding lever doesn't move past the halfway point. I have new batteries, new film, tried the double exposure and it doesn't move either. Last thing i tried was activating it from the bottom since the shutter dont work past the halfway point either. After manually activating the shutter from the bottom i know it works but still wont move. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Thanks in advance Sorry if my English is not good, its not my native language.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Nothing to apologize for.  This is a 45 yr old camera.  Seriously. Your cousin should have given it to you if he wasn't using it.  My advice, respectfully is walk away.   If it has some sort of sentimental (family) value, you can try to have it repaired at a shop, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.  Its just too old.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

The camera is broken. Get your money back from your cousin. Getting it repaired would cost more than buying another A-series camera from one of the good  used equipment dealers.....KEH, Roberts/UsedPhotoPro....and it would come with a warranty.

Announcements