cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long exposurrs

Michael47
Apprentice
What is the maximum length of exposure for my T-6? I’ve been trying to shoot star trails, aimed my camera at the North Star, using bulb setting, set the timer for 2 hours and let her rip. Because of bad timing on my part had to cut it short, sunrise. For some reason, with the camera turned off, it’s busy recording images, although it’s showing just one image being recording. The frame count is at 1990 and blinking. Any idea of what is going on? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think what Peter might be eluding to is the processing time for Long Exposure. Noise reduction processing time.  Or maybe I'm not understanding the shooting conditions?

LE.png 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority
Do you mean Long exposure noise reduction? One exposure of stars, one dark frame with the same exposure time,

I think what Peter might be eluding to is the processing time for Long Exposure. Noise reduction processing time.  Or maybe I'm not understanding the shooting conditions?

LE.png 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

GreenReaper
Apprentice

My bad,

Found out why things were taking so long, I had the noise reduction selected! Seems like its always something! 

Thanks for all the replies!!

You're welcome.  Glad we could help.Robot wink

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements