cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Adapter

LisaBud
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T7. My husband gave me a Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM lens. Is there an adapter I can use for this lens on my camera? 

Thank you for reading my question and look forward to responses.

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, You can go from EF lens to RF body, but there is no adapter from RF lens to EF body. The back of the lens sticks out too far.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Your husband was very generous in getting you such a lens, but he was either mis-advised or taken for a ride if he told the sales people what kind of camera you have.  As Kevin has indicated, you cannot attach an RF lens to an EF body with an adapter, it is physically impossible.  Best solution is to return the lens and get something more suitable - personally, I would recommend the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary unit, or if  you can afford it the EF 100-400 MkII unit.

An alternative solution is to up the ante and get an R-series body.  The cheapest body would be the RP camera, which is generally regarded as great value.  If you want IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization) then something like the R6 would be the way to go.  You CAN get adapters to connect your existing EF lenses to an RF mount and they work perfectly.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements